Florida Primary & Specialty Care offers a wide range of services to our patients. We offer family medicine, men’s wellness program, women’s health, mental health services, pediatric & adolescent care, senior care, and more.
Our Services Include
Allergy Testing Q & A
Why do I have allergies?
What are the symptoms of allergies?
The exact symptoms you experience with allergies depends on the type of allergen you’ve been exposed to. Some allergens affect your respiratory system, while others mainly affect your skin or digestive system. Some common signs of an allergic reaction include the following:
· Coughing and wheezing
· Runny nose
· Itchy, watery eyes
· Breathing problems if your airway swells
What kinds of allergens are there?
· Outdoor allergens, such as pollen, ragweed, and grass
· Pet dander
· Dust mites
· Certain foods, such as peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, or soy
· Insect stings
· Certain antibiotics, such as penicillin
· Certain chemicals found in household cleaning and personal hygiene products
What kinds of allergy tests are there?
What can I expect from a skin test?
What are allergy treatments?
Breast Cancer Screening
Breast cancer screening means checking a woman’s breasts for cancer before there are signs or symptoms of the disease. Our team of clinicians will inform you about the best screening options for you. When you are told about the benefits and risks of screening and decide with our clinical team whether screening is right for you—and if so, when to have it—this is called informed and shared decision-making.
Although breast cancer screening cannot prevent breast cancer, it can help find breast cancer early, when it is easier to treat. Talk to your doctor about which breast cancer screening tests are right for you, and when you should have them.
The Pap test can find abnormal cells in the cervix which may turn into cancer. The HPV test looks for the virus (human papillomavirus) that can cause these cell changes. Pap tests also can find cervical cancer early, when the chance of being cured is very high.
Colorectal (Colon) Cancer
Colorectal cancer almost always develops from precancerous polyps (abnormal growths) in the colon or rectum. Screening tests can find precancerous polyps, so they can be removed before they turn into cancer. Screening tests also can find colorectal cancer early, when treatment works best.
The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommends yearly lung cancer screening with low-dose computed tomography (LDCT) for people who have a history of heavy smoking, and smoke now or have quit within the past 15 years and are between 55 and 80 years old.
Chronic Disease Management
Talk to us to see what we can do to keep you healthy.
When our family physicians treat you and your loved ones, we take the whole person, the family and his or her environment into consideration. The result is an innovative, compassionate level of care that is a national model of healthcare service.
Our physicians provide family-centered primary care for patients of all ages, from newborns to the elderly. We see a range of conditions, including:
- Acute illnesses in children and adults, including cold, flu, abdominal pain and backaches
- Aging-related illnesses and conditions, for example, arthritis, osteoporosis and dementia
- Gynecologic conditions and diseases, such as irregular periods, urinary tract infections and vaginal infections
- Chronic conditions, including diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and asthma
- Sports-related conditions that include sprains and strains
- Psychological conditions including depression and anxiety
Men’s Wellness Program
Low-T can result in, a decrease in hemoglobin and mild anemia, decrease in body hair, thinning of the bones (osteoporosis), increased body fat, breast development (gynecomastia), and infertility.
Treatment: Testosterone Replacement Therapy, Weight Loss and Energy Boost Program
Mental Health Services
Our clinicians will refer clients to mental health providers in your region. We have relationships with several local certified mental health professionals to ensure our clients receive the most appropriate care.
Although it is not clear what causes migraines, it may be result of abnormal activity in the brain. Stress, depression, anxiety, excitement, and shock can trigger a migraine
Our certified Headache Specialist will diagnose and offer you the best treatment options available.
Pediatric & Adolescent Care
Our pediatric services is managed by our nurse practitioner.
- Well Child & Adolescent visits
- Immunization & Health Screenings
- Sick visits
- Travel visits (should be scheduled at least 4 weeks prior to travel)
The pre-op evaluation is a standard procedure and it is designed to evaluate your risk level for surgery. This evaluation uses a combination of tests and questionnaires to help your surgeon:
- Document the condition or need for surgery
- Assess your health status
- Discover previously unknown conditions that could cause complications
- Determine risk factors
- Reduce chances of surgical or anesthetic problems
- Develop post-operative care plan
- Educate you about the surgical procedure
- Reduce the duration of your hospital stay
The school physical is an opportunity for both a clinician and parents to make sure your child is on the right track of healthy, age-appropriate development.
All school physical forms will be completed in the clinic.
Senior Care Services
Preventive services include exams, shots, lab tests, and screenings. They also include programs for health monitoring, and counseling and education to help you take care of your own health. If you have Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance), you can get a yearly “Wellness” visit and many other covered preventive services.
- Annual Wellness Visit for Seniors
- Alcohol Misuse Screening and Counseling
- Bone Mass Measurements (referred out)
- Cardiovascular Disease Screening Test
- Colorectal Cancer Screening
- Counseling to Prevent Tobacco Use
- Depression Screening
- Diabetes Screening
- Diabetes Self-Management Training (DSMT)
- Glaucoma Screening (referred out)
- Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) Screening
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Screening
- Influenza, Pneumococcal, and Hepatitis B Vaccinations and their Administration
- Intensive Behavioral Therapy (IBT) for Cardiovascular Disease (CVD), also known as a CVD risk reduction visit
- IBT for Obesity/Smart for Life Weight Loss Program
- IPPE (also called the “Welcome to Medicare Preventive Visit”)
- Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT)
- Prostate Cancer Screening
- Screening for Cervical Cancer with Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Tests
- Screening for Lung Cancer with Low Dose Computed Tomography (LDCT) (referred out)
- Screening for Hepatitis B Virus (HBV) Infection
- Screening for Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) and High Intensity Behavioral Counseling (HIBC) to Prevent STIs
- Screening Mammography (referred out)
- Screening Pap Tests
- Screening Pelvic Examination (includes a clinical breast examination)
- bacterial vaginosis (BV)
- genital warts
- HIV (testing and diagnosis only)
- trichomoniasis (trich)
We offer telehealth services as a convenience to all our patients (both current and new patients).
Telehealth is the use of electronic information and telecommunications technologies to support long-distance clinical health care. As a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, we are authorized to use both telephonic and video conferencing technologies (this may change once the crisis ends).
Our Telehealth services are billable to your insurance provider and or Medicare (co-pays, co-insurance, and deductibles apply). Our clinicians can prescribe most medications including controlled medications(during the Covid-19 pandemic).
For patients without insurance, please call us to find out how we can help (fees apply).
We offer the following women’s health services:
- PAP Smear
- STD Screening
- Urinary Treatment
- Birth Control Consultation